Friday, December 19, 2008

Save Tango!

Another little video from those lovely people at Team Rubber - this time it's a campaign to save Tango! I can't even believe the makers of Tango would want to stop doing what they do best o_O. It's a bit odd really...the meeting must have gone something like this: "Well, we're not doing so well this year - sales are down and public opinion? Yeah, that's gone out the window. So, we're going to stop making Tango."



Is this due to the credit crunch? Perhaps. But apart from the money side of things, why would they want to close? I mean, it sounds absolutely ridiculous! Tango is one of our (I mean people in the UK) main soft drinks, particularly because it's made here. We already lost Citric Spring - absolutely amazing stuff! - and Mountain Dew, although we just kinda stole that one for a little while.

So what's happening to our soda pop :(? I have no idea if I'm absolutely honest. I mentioned the whole Tango potentially going under thing to my friends, and we decided to have a little experiment: we got some Tango and compared it to Fanta, it's biggest rival. Sadly, Tango did come out at the bottom of the test, although with only a one out of two chance, and the fact that it came from a fast food place machine, rather than a can or bottle, I'm not surprised. Those things never mix properly anyway.

Well, I still love Tango and I hope you guys may join me in making the "can fist" and going out and buying more Tango to keep it from going under - we already lost Wispa and brought it back, let's try and stop this from dissapearing off our shelves under our own noses without us noticing!

Who loves orange soda? JAYE LOVES ORANGE SODA!

1 comment:

aagado said...

Love the video, I love orange soda too